Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Little Monsters

We're back to school as of Monday and we got right back to work.  I showed you fifth grade's clay faces and kindergarten's pinched pots a few weeks ago.  First grade did not want to be outdone.  They used their previous knowledge of pinched pot making and made their own clay faces, but with a twist.  We had read Where the Wild Things Are recently and decided to make our own Wild Things.  Do not be afraid.  These are nice monsters...for the most part.

These creatures were fired but not glazed.  We decided not to make them all shiny looking and paint them with tempera paints.  I had to get a picture as they came out of the kiln though. 










We'll be painting these in the next couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to the finished product.  I have a large display case sitting empty waiting to be filled with artwork.  I'll get a few pictures as they get painted for your viewing pleasure.








13 comments:

  1. I feel like...I want to eat those. mmm cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These a fabulous. Although the next to the last one has me a bit concerned about what that child sees on the telly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some talented kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha now those are cool, that second last one is a bit hmmm to adults, but kids see things differently. I get artsy tomorrow too at my zoo..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW very creative !! I guess the years he spent on higher education/college paid off. Being an art teacher sounds like a very fulfilling job. It takes a dedicated person to teach children. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i actually like them little monsters.
    the third one is hilarious !

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha :D very nice and so funny ;] good luck, following !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment, I left a reply below it. Not sure if Blogger will alert you to it. I must say, I'm rather pleased with the new reply thing they've incoporated. About bloody time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really neat. I can't wait till you write a post on these when they're done being painted.

    ReplyDelete