The snowplow is on cardboard and is fitted with handles on the back.
The background for the play had to be big. It will hang up on the back curtain of the stage. Here it is in progress. I start out gluing large sheets of bulletin board paper together. I sketch it out with a marker, then paint the lines dark with black tempera paint. After I get it all outlined nice and dark, I start painting.
I started on it yesterday. I guess I work pretty fast when I can get a chance. I was able to work on it while the kids were practicing with the music teacher. I still have a little bit of fine tuning but this part is mostly done. I'll post more as I finish. Wish me luck. Christmas vacation is almost here, yay!