Due to budgetary constraints we only had 3 colors to work with...blue, yellow and white.
I had them pick one color to paint the inside, one color to paint the lip, and another color for the outside. Color mixing was going to happen so I wasn't worried about not having enough variation.
The first batch came out nearly perfect. I may have done a somersault or 2 when I opened the kiln the next day. I have had issues with clay breaking or exploding in the kiln due to air or moisture getting trapped in the clay and not giving it enough dry time. The one at the bottom of the pic is not a pinched pot. One of my students was absent for a while and missed making one...so I let her glaze something I had made earlier.
I'd say considering we only had 3 colors to glaze with, there was plenty of variation.
And finally a little teaser of another project I mentioned in a previous post, the clay animals. I'll show you more in a couple of days. These are a second grade project and they're working on the habitats for their creations. Till then...