Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lighthouses Pt 4

We had to take a lighthouse break for a couple of days.  My 4th graders are starting to burn out on it I think.  We started working again today and got most of the painting done.  The next time they see me we will start putting on the final details.  Some of the kids brought tiny rocks, seashells, and are adding them to their creations.
   


They are looking a little plain at the moment, but that will change when the new stuff is added.
The painting part has been a little tough for them.  For some reason, some of them began using the wrong colors for their lighthouses.  They were assigned a specific lighthouse from our state to create.  They have photographs to work from but some have deviated from the design.  I supplied them with the colors they asked for and didn't pay attention to they photos.  Oh well, live and learn.  

Now for a little peak at my first grade projects.  I have never made a triorama and decided to make them with first grade.

We have an art show coming up next month and I think the trioramas will make fine additions.


1 comment:

  1. There are colours to follow ? It's more fun to let them decide on the colours themselves.
    :)

    ReplyDelete